Sunday, September 9, 2018

Colin Ash


         


 

 

                                                                                       Edition 444 Monday 10/09/18

 

Joneses.jpg

Hi,the thing about birthdays is they can come and they can go just like any other day if you let them. That’s why it is important to make a fuss of family and friends regardless of the number of candles!

It’s the day you entered the world and the day the world continues to measure you by both positive and negative.Its also a milestone that none of us know will be either the last time or one of many more we will have the luck to celebrate again so it is vital we all make the absolute most of every one!So wish I took my own advice last week and had the day off instead of working(always a must!).

Fletcher reckons; he is extremely lucky to have such generous and loving family whose gifts of birthday cash have swiftly elevated him to Shylock money lending status at 48…tough negotiator!!

Something funny about shopping for eau de toilette is you work out pretty quickly you don’t have to pay the outrageous prices when there are plenty of testers you can use daily for free (great idea)!!

The undoubted highlight of our week was helping my Mum celebrate her 88th  year young birthday (see pic holding great grandson Daniels hand)an outstanding milestone for our Jonesey family!!!

I hope you also make the effort to celebrate every occasion of the people nearest and dearest to you too….Enjoy your life and make sure all those important to you do too…..Cheers Jonesey!

 

Kate and Lily reckon hoovering up after family functions is their present to us all hmmm!!

 

 

Sizzle.jpg

 

 

“The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living doing what they most enjoy.” Malcolm Forbes

 

As you may or may not know the show ‘American Pickers’ is one of my favourite.

I love watching as they go through other peoples memorabilia collections hunting for treasure!

I am also a bit of a collector/hoarder and have built up a bit of a stash of stuff!(as you do)!

I thought I might invite the pickers to NZ and see what we could find ‘free styling’ as the do!

Then I thought, maybe not, this could be a golden opportunity for me instead…..how so??

Well the first thing was to make the emotional decision to sell some of my treasure!

Then how to make sure I could give others the opportunity to get the same enjoyment I have.

So my master plan is to take a stall at the Avondale Market and to sell heaps of treasure Arrrrr.

My rule of thumb is to keep the stuff that I can display and that still gives me pleasure and to move the rest on to fellow treasure hunters who can and will do the same.

I have heaps of stuff that is not displayed and just stored so why not turn it into cash?

The market is a fun environment to move this on while fine tuning my bartering and sales skills.

We wont go every week just once a month to meet the locals, have some fun and take their cash!

Fletcher has indicated he is a starter and has plenty of used toys and treasures to sell too.

Who knows it could be the start of an exciting career in sales for him……..or not !!!

We have 1000 golf balls carefully collected over the years….good 2 for/3 for specials to entice buyers.

We are raring to go….no electronic ‘trade me’ carry on for us…..its the real face to face deal.

We cant wait, I reckon it’s the coolest most sizzling,fun sales plan/strategy I’ve ever had!!!

We look forward to bringing you ‘selling the sizzle’ updates from the heat of the Avondale market coal face.

 

“Today was good,today was fun,tomorrow is another one.” Dr Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment